This integration is used to send POS transactions to our Property Management System. It consists of the following APIs:
- In-House API: To find guest room to charge expenses
- Fetch Departments API: Hotel departments are sent with their required properties
- Fetch Revenue Accounts API: Hotel revenue accounts are sent with their required properties
- Fetch Extras API: Hotel extras are sent with their required properties
- Posting API: To post invoice to guest folio
- Order Cancel API: To cancel an invoice
- A new integration is added under Custom Apps
- Required information is entered
- HR token is provided for API connections
- POS ID is provided for posting & cancellation
For each invoice item that will be posted to the folio, department and revenue account information are required. There are two different ways to provide this information in a posting.
POS - HotelRunner mapping with matching tables: This is done by opening Data Conversions on the integration setup page
There are 5 different tabs:
- Expense Departments
- Payment Departments
- Expense Revenue Accounts
- Payment Revenue Accounts
On these tabs, the possible POS inputs will be entered as a free text and their equivalents will be selected for each entry.
This will enable POS to send the information as however it is kept on the POS system while posting.
Fetch Departments/Revenue Accounts/Extras APIs: It is also possible to get a list of the hotel departments, revenue accounts and extras with APIs so that while posting, hotel’s own IDs will be sent from POS. This option does not require any mapping.
Extras are products that are sold. All extras in the system are stored with their sales department and revenue account information. Therefore if the extras are mapped with the products used on POS system and sent in postings, department and revenue account information is directly gathered from extras. More detailed explanation is under Posting API.
- When a guest leaves the table, the rooms currently used in the hotel and the staying guests are listed on the POS interface via In-House API.
- The guest is selected from the list. A direct sales selection is possible instead of a room selection. This option is for guests who do not stay at the hotel, or prefer to make payment instead of billing expenses to room.
- If a room is selected, the system checks if there is already a folio for the used POS system under the reservation. It will be used for posting or a new folio is created if there is none. For direct sales, a dedicated folio for the POS system will be used.
- Invoice is sent with Posting API with its required details for the invoice itself and all items within. Required details are explained in detail under Posting API.
- Expense items and payment details of the invoice are logged under the corresponding folio.